The conference banquet takes place at the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona, MACBA). The MACBA explores the most complex visions of contemporary art in a space that is open to the exchange of ideas and experimentation set out around a landmark cultural plaza that includes a Gothic chapel and the iconic museum building designed by Richard Meier.
The MACBA is located at Plaça dels Àngels, 1. To reach the place you can:
- METRO – L1, L2 (Universitat) and L3 (Catalunya or Liceu)
- BUS – Lines 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, 24, 37, 41, 42, 50, 54, 55, 58, 59, 62, 63, 64, 66, 67, 68, 91, 120, 121, 141, H12, Aerobús
- BICING – Station 059, Plaça dels Àngels
- FGC – All lines (Catalunya)
- RENFE (TRAIN) – Plaça Catalunya
- CAR – Parking at Plaça dels Àngels
The dinner will be at Convent dels Àngels (Carrer dels Àngels, 3) just in front of MACBA, on Thursday, June 22 at 20:00.
Apart from handing over the awards of the conference (i.e., Distinguished Paper, Distinguished Artefact, and Test of Time Paper) this year the banquet will feature a speech by Prof. Andrew Black to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Object Orientation and Simula.